What is the Schools First Credit Union?
• Schools First Credit union is a federally chartered credit union that is headquartered in Santa Ana, California. The Schools First Credit Union primarily serves the educational community in Southern California.
• Founded in 1934, by a group of school employees who pooled together roughly $1,2000, the Schools First Credit Union provides low interest loans, mortgages and credit cards to its members. Additionally, the financial institution offers checking accounts, certificates of deposits, savings accounts and various investment options to those who belong to the institution.
Who belongs to the Schools First Credit Union?
• The Schools First Credit Union serves the following counties in Southern California:
o Imperial County
o Kern County
o Orange county
o Los Angeles County
o Riverside County
o San Bernardino County
o San Diego County
o San Luis Obispo county
o Ventura County
o Santa Barbara County
• Within these counties, the Schools First Credit Union will serve employees of the following educational entities or positions:
o All public elementary and secondary schools in the counties and those that are listed as a private school in the California Department of Education School Directory
o County superintendents of schools
o Community colleges
o Authorized education foundations
o Authorized colleges and universities that offer degree programs
o Immediate family members of any existing Schools First member, such as spouses, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, sons, grandparents, grandchildren and daughters.
Schools First Federal Credit Union Basic Facts:
• The Schools First Federal Credit Union was founded in 1934. The organization serves educators and family members in the aforementioned counties of Southern California
• Rudy Hanley is the current President of the Schools First Federal Credit Union
• The Schools First Credit Union currently operates with roughly $7.665 billion in assets and over 376,000 members. By asset size, the Schools First Credit Union is the fifth largest credit union in the United States.
• The Schools First Credit Union offers the following products to its members: savings and checking accounts, consumer loans, credit cards, investments, online banking services and mortgages.